3D-printed turbocharger for motorsports
The motorsportworld is changing fast and speed is crucial to adapt to new trends. Additive technologies help to build more sustainable and powerful solutions like turbochargers. Learn more!
Speed is crucial in motorsports, not only on the race track, but also in product development and in adapting to latest engineering trends. Let us keep up with the pace to be ready for the next race together! We offer rapid prototyping, spare parts on demand and short lead times and support you from the very first design concept. We know the latest trends and are ready for changes and challenges when you are!
Discover the new 3D-printed turbocharger demonstrator from GF Casting Solutions: 445 x 264 x 283 mm.
|Inconel 718||8.2 g/ cm3||19.5 kg||2373.5 cm3|
We are ready to realize your 3D-printing challenge and offer the full additive manufacturing process as well as certified post processing in-house: including surface treatment, heat treatment and non-destructive testing.
Turbocharger demonstrator highlights:
- High design freedom
- Strong focus on the part functionality
- Extreme shapes: hollow structures, unique double-wall construction design, very thin walls
- Topological optimization and possibility to integrate lattice structure
- Higher level of performance
- Increased air flow through the cylinders’ combustion chamber augments the engine power output
- Effective operation of the turbocharger thanks to increased thermal insulation
- Cost advantage
- High functional integration
- Integrating three single parts into one design
- Reduction of welding to attach double-walled heat shield
- Reduced leakage risk at the interface between the different parts
Discover more key players and technologies behind optimized motorsport solutions like the 3-printed GF demonstrator and visit our homepage or get in touch with us.
Visit us at AM Expo 2021, we are waiting for you in Hall 1, Booth Nr. D1133!